Friday, April 17, 2009

Fabulous Flying Friday

So I didn't win the $92 million jackpot. Big surprise, right? I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming. For now, I'm going to enjoy what I've got. I'm about to get on a plane tonight for a trip across the country. I always get somewhat nostalgic right before I'm about to fly. Since I love to catastrophize things, I always think the plane is going to crash every time I fly. So I begin to think about the reality of my own mortality.

You're probably wondering where I'm going with all of this since this is supposed to be a blog about fashion and style. I know I can be morbid at times. I am very comfortable with death since I've worked in hospitals for almost 10 years. Nonetheless, I know that if my plane should crash, I will be remembered by my family and friends for lots of things. What is the one thing that would stand out the most? My great social work skills and all the people I helped? My quirky ways? No, probably not. It will be my fashion sense! My family and friends always come to me for fashion advice. I think they sometimes channel me when they have tough decisions about what to wear. And I love it. The narcissist in me loves the fact that I will be remembered every time they open up their closet doors and can't decide what to wear. So who ever said fashion is is frivilous, superficial, and not important, they are full of it! It is who I am. That being said, I'm sure that the flight will go smoothly and I'll be helping my sister pick out what to wear to her baby shower in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment