Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jean Shopping: Not just for those with good genes

There's just something about jean shopping that is very therapeutic. You're probably thinking I must have had a psychotic break. However, even though I hate trying on millions of pairs of jeans to find the perfect fit, when I do, it's like, Nirvana! It's a total rush when your butt looks great, your muffin top is covered up, and your legs don't look like bowling pins. It is so satisfying to find a pair that fits everywhere. Even when you think you're a size four and then all of a sudden you can't even zip up the four. You have to admit defeat and realize you're a six. It is a very humbling experience, but if you can suck it up and get through it, it's well worth it.

I have said many times before that you need to get real with yourself when you shop. Yes I know some people are calling me certain expletives that start with a B right now as I should not be complaining about wearing a size six. I am not complaining at all. I know that I am very blessed with good genes from my parents. However, no matter what size you are, shopping for jeans could blow your self-esteem. For me, I don't care about the number, I go with what fits best. I used to go with what fits OK and costs the least but that has changed. After a few wears, I hated those jeans and never wanted to wear them again. Total waste of money. Now, I spend the extra money on what fits best because I know that I will wear them often and keep them longer.

That being said, I found a great pair of jeans yesterday at Express. I got a coupon in the mail for $20 off a $60 purchase. After trying on what seemed like hundreds of jeans (thank God the store was empty and the nice sales lady kept bringing me sizes), I found THE pair. They are dark blue, trouser style, with tab front. Since I'm tall, they may be a bit short to wear with heels but they will be perfect for flats. And to top it off, they were $70 and I got them for $50 with my coupon. I think it was a great deal and I will get many wears out of them. If you are in the market for new jeans and you've got the money, shop now. Watch your mail for coupons and then hit the sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment