Monday, January 26, 2009

Boots Gone Bad

There is yet another fashion craze that I am completely over. It is the skinny jeans with the boots. You know the look that I'm talking about. Every woman in America is trying to pull off this trend. Some women have the ability to, as Tim Gunn would say, "make it work". Did you hear me say, SOME women? Those women weigh 100 pounds and are 5 feet 10 inches tall. If you fall into this category, then by all means please feel free to wear your tightest Gap skinny jeans with your Steve Madden shit-kickers. Otherwise, please stop. Stop trying to squeeze yourself into jeans that make your legs look like bowling pins and then shove boots over your bowling pins to make you look like you're about to work in the stables. I admit that I have attempted this style once in my own home. It never went further than that because I realized how ridiculous I looked. The jeans can not be bunchy!

I digress. As I sit looking out my window at the cold winter day, I can only look forward to spring. The warm weather of spring which will force all of the skinny jeans and riding boots back into the closet never to be seen until fall. Hopefully by fall of '09, we will have some new fashion trends to look forward to and everyone will laugh when they reminiscence about the boots gone bad fad of '08.

No comments:

Post a Comment