Saturday, January 3, 2009

Traveling in Style

Wanna see some badly dressed people? Go to an airport. Airports are notorious for showcasing the many styles, albeit bad styles, of the people who travel the world. I recently noticed this phenomenon while traveling "back east" (I now use this west coast resident terminology) to visit my family for the holidays. I always enjoyed people watching in airports as you could see just about anything from a celebrity to a chihuahua to a celebrity with a chihuahua. But this time around I was focused on the clothes, the style.

I admit that I am not the most fashionable traveler. I admire those who can put on their stilettos and tight jeans to fly across the country. I usually opt for my comfy sweatpants and sweatshirt. The airport phenomenon that bugged me the most this holiday season was seeing women wearing Uggs or Uggs like boots. I am totally over this fad but apparently the rest of the world is not. I saw Uggs with jeans, sweatpants, skirts, pants tucked into Uggs, pants over the Uggs, brown Uggs, black Uggs, pink Uggs, and Uggs with fur trim. Because of my observations, I am now making this public service announcement.

There is only one instance from this point in time forward that you should wear a pair of Uggs or Ugg like boots. The instance I am referring to is when you are in the middle of a snowstorm and need to trek through the snow from your house to your mailbox to get your mail. You should not wear Uggs to the grocery store with a mini skirt. How much snow will you encounter in the produce isle? You should not wear your sweatpants tucked into your Uggs on the way to the gym. Do your toes really need to be that warm prior to working out? Basically, you should never wear Uggs again outside of your home or yard. This may sound harsh but the trend is over. It's done. Let's move on..to what you may ask? Find out in my next posting about what I love for spring foot fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment