Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trucker Hats: Not just for truckers


Have you ever seen a cute dyke wearing a trucker hat? Of course you have. This is a style that has become very popular in the lesbian community. When I first met my partner four years ago, she was sporting a Nike trucker hat. I think my heart skipped a couple beats. There is just something about a girl in a trucker hat. So what is our obsession with these hats? Is it the vintage style? The catchy phrases on the front? Or is it because we want to announce that we're ready for the Uhaul and are just dressing the part?

I'm not really sure what the reason is but I do know this. Trucker hats should not be worn over the age of 30. The younger ladies can definitely pull off the look but those of us who have reached our third decade should put the trucker hats on the shelf for good. This most likely sounds ageist but it's true. It's like wearing a Hello Kitty necklace over 30. You just don't do it. Although, I'm probably a hypocrite because I secretly wish that my partner would break out her hat at times.

A couple that I found interesting and suitable for the Pride Parade this year.
Lesbian Pride Trucker Hat
Lesbian Fun Trucker Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment